Sarah Dudgeon created this post
Doug Fridsma Key Note at Dental Conference
Framing the question correctly ensures correct data
- City planning, NOT architecture. Requires gov’t involvement, Socio-technical system- people are not using the system, they are a part of the system
- Continuous growth, education, and deployment = ultra large scale systems. Informatics is orchestration rather than demanding control
- Interoperability is both sending and receiving
- Frame solutions in terms that matter to people. Don’t think of medicine vertically, think of it horizontally.
- Standardize: meaning, structure (need a common format for granular data, as in chemistry, a periodic table), transport, security, services (services = four previous themes combined)
- A patient is not a collection of granular data, patients are a narrative.